So Many Good Books, So Little Time

Fellow students in my graduate program often tell me they have stopped reading for fun because of the amount of required class-related reading. While I do what I can to […] Read more »

Blog   |   Education & Training   |   3 Comments   |   November 13, 2008

Election Day 2008

Having been through a long primary season and not knowing what to expect on Tuesday, staff were asked on Monday to share their thoughts and experiences on the day. Worth […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   2 Comments   |   November 05, 2008

Project Profile: 2002–03 Girl Scout Summer Day Camp

In a recent interview, 2002–03 Community Action Grantee Marianne North talked about her work with the Girl Scout/Tech Trek Summer Day Camp in Wyoming. An active AAUW member, having served […] Read more »

Battle of the Sexes

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller In a recent article in […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   2 Comments   |   October 22, 2008

Now Announcing…

AAUW has selected the new Student Advisory Council (SAC) for the 2008–09 year! We received a large number of applications this year, and we are heartened by how many wonderful […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   October 20, 2008

Blog Action Day: Dying to Give Life

The global economic crisis is shining a light on the “haves,” but things won’t change much for the “have nots.” They will still be poor, without access to clean water, […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   3 Comments   |   October 15, 2008

Ice Breaker or Noise Maker?

How very exciting to be attending the BlogHerDC conference and blogging while the noise of the conference surrounds me. Our first action — Who knew we’d be standing in two […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   2 Comments   |   October 13, 2008

The Power of a Nomination

We hear a great deal about nominations these days as we are assaulted via the airwaves and in print media with half-truths and outright lies about each party’s “nominee.” One […] Read more »

Blog   |   Education & Training   |   October 06, 2008

Are You Ready to Serve?

By Chandra Palmer, AAUW Fellow National service has been a buzz issue in the upcoming election. Both Barack Obama and John McCain are calling on all Americans to serve their communities. […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   1 Comments   |   September 29, 2008

Title IX and Cookies

O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A … Rogers and Hammerstein may still be responsible for us bursting out in song about this state, but my visit to Tulsa, Oklahoma, for the annual Career and Technical […] Read more »

Blog   |   Community   |   September 18, 2008