AAUW is Looking for a Program Assistant
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
One of the world’s largest sources of funding for graduate women, AAUW annually provides nearly $4 million in funding for fellowships and grants to outstanding women and nonprofit organizations. AAUW has a long and distinguished history of advancing educational and professional opportunities for women in the United States and around the globe.
The Program Assistant provides administrative support for AAUW’s Fellowships & Programs Department including Career Development Grants, Community Action Grants, and Selected Professions Fellowships and other program activities as assigned. Under the supervision of the senior vice president and program officers, the position ensures that recipients, panelists, and AAUW members are provided with excellent customer service throughout the award year.
- Respond to routine informational requests, standard correspondence and other correspondence as assigned to the general public, fellows, members, and staff.
- Set up and maintain all online and physical files and records for recipients; maintain contact information and program tracking databases.
- Compile and update statistics on applicants and fellows/grantees annually.
- Assist in coordination and logistics of annual selection panel meetings.
- Coordinate stipend payments to fellows/grantees and reimbursements as appropriate.
- Facilitate mailings to fellows, panelists, and AAUW members.
- Prepare check and purchase order requests, subscriptions, publication orders, and registration materials as requested.
- Log and review mid-year and final reports; provide summary reports to program officers. Coordinate dissemination of reports and data collection from reports.
- Assist in conducting outreach to prospective panelists and applicants.
- Support social media efforts to engage current recipients and alumnae.
- Provide staff/logistical support for fellows’ events and other AAUW activities.
- Maintain contacts with appropriate staff to share information related to programs.
- Participate in staff meetings or committees and workgroups as assigned.
- Research issues related to specialized inquiries and projects.
- Provide other related/comparable duties as required and assigned.
- High school diploma; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years related work experience performing in an administrative/support capacity requiring a high level of detail and organization.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook, PowerPoint). Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal communications skills and telephone manner.
- Experience working effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Clear understanding and commitment to AAUW mission, goals, and objectives.
Compensation and Location:
The salary range for this position is $39,000 to $42,000 and it is offered along with a competitive benefits package. The position is based in Washington, DC.
Apply: Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by email, indicating position title (Program Assistant) to firstname.lastname@example.org.